Friday, February 19, 2010

Thoughts on Tiger Woods' Speech

One word describes the "apology" speech that Tiger Woods spoke, "Wow". I didn't really buy it. I mean who needs to read their speech off a paper? Why can't you just say what you feel in your heart? I kind of think that this speech was what the press wanted to hear, and not what the people wanted to hear. He did not get real emotional, and he wanted everyone to help him. Then, he throws a curveball and talks about his new found religion. I have no problem forgiving the guy if he comes out and explains what he did and his reasons for doing it. Look at America these days, baseball players who admit using steroids are heckled for a little awhile, but then are eased up on. Fans respect those players who are up front with them and admit their wrong doing. I just believe Tiger tease America by saying what he did. This was not an “apology” speech, but instead a stunt to get attention. This was however the worst case of the press ruining the integrity of an athlete. I do feel bad for his family that had to be ambushed by the press day and night. I do hope he and his wife work things out for the kids’ sake. He needs to stay away from golf for awhile to prove to his wife he is loyal to her. If he thinks this matter is far from over because of this speech, he is mistaken. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment